Today I have another WOC who DIY on deck. The last edition was all about books. For this go-around I’ve complied a list of some of my favorite wellness-focused shops. Most of the women of color featured here are multi-talented makers whose skills are vast in the arts and sciences—each with their own unique approach to health and healing.
- Folie Apothecary, owned by Nikkisha Brunson of Urban Bush Babes, and Pineapple Life offers handmade skincare to nourish you from the inside out.
- Gullah Girl Tea, is a homespun shop with original tea blends created by Charmaine Bee.
- Balm & Co., a mother-daughter owned shop from Alex Elle, creates plant-powered products good for the body and soul.
- Femme Science, is a radical business that offers potions for your highest self.
- Christian Totty, runs a small shop that currently offers original photography, and crystals.
- Grandmother’s Medicine is a beautiful business offering plant medicine rooted in ancestral wisdom and sustainable practices.