It has been very intense spring quarter, which means my nutrition has seen some highs, and some lows. To get myself a bit more balanced, I will be taking on another #Whole30 challenge this summer. Since it is my second time around, I want to mix things up with more vegan and vegetarian options. I do plan to eat some meat, mostly chick and fish. I am excited to utilize this time to encourage myself to eat majority whole foods, with more vegan options.
This morning I spent some time doing a bit of research for resources I can use during my challenge. I thought I would share them in case you, too, are embarking on a similar path. What you add to this list?
- It’s been far too long since I read a cook book cover-to-cover. The new Green Kitchen Travels written by David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl, provides stunning images of vegan and vegetarian dishes that I would love to try.
- You can read more from Frenkiel and Vindahl on their blog, Green Kitchen Stories.
- Summer solstice is on June 21 this year. Hot hot days are upon us! A great way to maintain hydration and water metabolism is with slices of fresh watermelon.
- Thanks to Design Love Fest, I am determined to try this Blueberry Popsicle recipe.
- Last year, Ebony shared a list of 3 Black vegan chefs to know.
I will be sharing my process on the blog when the time comes. You can check out my first Whole30 challenge here. What are some of your favorite vegan, or Whole30 recipes?