There is a lot to learn in life. The variety of subjects and specialties are vast, and the process of transitioning from novice to master can take a whole lifetime– maybe a few ;) The common thread here is time. Time. The definitive place holder that organizes our experiences, and enables us to sort our memories; the marker that gives us reference of a beginning, middle, and end; the continuum that creates solidarity and community, a oneness that is palpable. Time is of the essence, and is essence itself. Time is a teacher, my friends. I got to thinking about the lessons that I have learned through the years, and with the help of my partner, I put together a list of lessons that time has offered us. Here are just a few pearls we’ve gathered through 30 + years of life.
- You are not your past mistakes.
- Challenges can show you who you are.
- Pay attention to the company you keep.
- Critical thinking and intuition are your allies.
- Honor the elders and the children.
- Movement is good for the soul.
- Become more aware of subtle energies.
- A collective memory lives inside of you.
- Your ancestors have your back.
- Your liberation is tied to mine.
We hope this list provides you a bit of insight and inspiration for the week ahead. Have a blessed day! In solidarity, Christian (+ Richard)